Pool Opening Information
Posted on May 20th, 2020
Pool Opening Update
In light of yet another change in policy regarding association pool openings, it appears the state and county governments have modified conditions and are allowing associations to open pools sooner than the original date to move to phase three of the state reopening plan. The requirements of the Governor's "Ad Astra" reopening plan are still "highly recommended" by the Johnson County governing body.
As such, the association intends to open of the pool facility as soon as possible. We are working to implement a few COVID-19 related items (i.e. installation of proper signage, securing disinfectants and equipment, disconnecting of drinking fountains, appropriate chair placement, etc.). These efforts are designed to help educate and better protect our membership, however, they require a little time to accomplish.
The pool will NOT be open this weekend but we intend to get the pool fully functional by Saturday, June 6th (if not sooner).
Stay tuned, summer pool season is coming!
Arlington Park Homes Association
COVID-19 Pool Reopening Process
Reopening conditions included in Phase 3 are as follows:
· Maximize social distancing practices (six feet minimum)
· Masks are encouraged
· Frequent hand washing is encouraged
· Do not visit the pool if you do not feel well
APHA is implementing some measures to help promote social distance (at least in the early phases):
· Daily cleaning and sanitizing the facility (including bathrooms, door handles, chairs, deck, etc.)
· Chairs will be placed six feet apart on the pool deck
· Drinking fountains will be disconnected (bring your own water)
· Adults must accompany children
· Guests will not be permitted
· Parties will not be permitted
· Additional cleaning supplies and soap will be purchased for vendor and member use
· Members should consider bringing personal disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizer etc.
If residents do not work together to comply with the reopening requirements, APHA reserves the right to close the pool.
PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHER MEMBERS. CONSIDER OTHER FAMILIES AND LIMIT YOUR FAMILY TIME AT THE POOL. MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCE. BE SAFE!
We will continue to monitor announcements and update you accordingly.